If you've been looking for vinyl to cover the indicators/turn signals, there's a reason we don't carry it - it's a real pain to fit. So instead, we've got a selection of easy-to-fit carbon fiber effect, and real carbon fiber covers. Please note, these are compatible with ALL Model 3's, and Model S & X that have AutoPilot 2 or greater (typically August 2016 or newer). Each ships as a set of two, one for each turn signal.
If you want the look for an awesome price, then our carbon fiber effect caps are great. Made of UV-stabilized flexible ABS plastic, with a glossy carbon fiber pattern, these are easy to fit at a great price. These are slightly thicker than the real carbon fiber caps, so they include the "T" logo impression.
If you want the real deal, then we have the genuine carbon fiber caps in satin and gloss. Featuring the same weave pattern found on the Tesla spoilers, these are also easy to fit, and add a really classy look to your indicators/turn signals. They are lower-profile than the carbon-fiber effect cap, and each has a UV resistant UV coating.
- The caps cover the chrome area of the turn signals/indicators, leaving the actual indicator visible. It's best to do this on a warm day, with a temperature of at least 61f/16c. Start by cleaning the chrome area to ensure it's free of dirt or other contaminants. For the real carbon fiber caps, use the included adhesion promoter once the area is clean.
- Before removing the red film, take a dry run at fitting them. The 3M VHB tape is strong, and quick to grab, so it's important you present them to the turn signal so that the cap makes even contact all over. The best option is to line up at the narrow end and across the top edge, then rotate it downwards so that the rest of the cap makes contact.
- Now remove the red film from the 3M adhesive strips. Try not to touch the strips, as it'll reduce their effectiveness.
- Slowly present the cap to the turn signal, again ensuring that all surfaces make contact with each other at the same time. Apply very light pressure to confirm you're happy with the position. If you do need to remove it, pull it away with even pressure, and avoid stressing the narrow section of the cap.
- When you're happy with the position, apply firm, even pressure all over, using a soft towel or micro fiber cloth will help with this
- It's important that the VHB tape is allowed time to fully bond, this is especially true if the weather is cold. Allow 24hrs in a temperate environment (70f/21c) for the bond to complete. If you're able to, use sme painters (masking) tape to hold down the cap, but of course be sure to remove it before driving.