Dress up your Model 3/Y steering wheel with our vinyl wraps.
As with all the wraps we sell, these are made from 3M 1080/2080 vinyl. Included in each pack is:
- Left, right & center piece, logo, plus a spare left piece to use as practice
- Easy-to-apply matching center logo
- Cleaning wipe
- Soft Squeegee
Application is fairly easy, please follow the instructions below. Apply in cool conditions; these are small pieces of vinyl that can stretch easily, so set the car to 68f/20c
- Using the wipe, ensure each surface is clean. Steering wheels tend to get a bit grubby, so this is an important step. Pro-tip: Use the steering wheel controls to position the wheel in the best position for you - typically this will be way from you and nearer the dash to give you more working space.
- There's a spare left piece, so start there. The key is to ensure the arrows and the hole for the scroll wheel are perfectly aligned; the arrow cutouts are deliberately small and precise, so if they're in the right spot, then the rest of the wrap should go on fine.
- Gently apply the vinyl using the hole and arrows as guides. Take your time. Once happy, just use your finger to apply a little more pressure so that the vinyl is anchored.
- Using the squeegee, starting working towards the bottom. Pay attention to the left edge, as that's most visible. It's ok to gently encourage the vinyl if needed to ensure good coverage. The right side is partially obscured by the center of the steering wheel, so just tuck that side in with the squeegee.
- Now to the top. This is a more extreme shape. Vinyl doesn't adhere as well when it's a narrow piece, so since the top section ends in a point, pay attention to not touch the back of the vinyl there. Again, work up and out, but steering the narrow piece where it needs to lay. We're applying a 2D shape to a 3D object, so again, it might need a little encouragement to follow the line perfectly. Use the squeegee where you can, it's always the most effective option.
- Repeat the process on the right side. Begin with aligning the arrows and hole, then work your way down, then up.
- By now you're a pro, so the center piece will be a breeze.
- Use the bottom edge as your main reference point. Sitting in the driver's seat, sit back, and center yourself on the wheel. Now apply the bottom edge gently. When you're happy, look to one of the sides and make sure it's aligned correctly as well. If it's not, and you applied gentle pressure at the bottom, you should be able to gently move it left or right without detaching entirely.
- Once you're happy, use the squeegee to apply even pressure all over. The top edge is obscured by the center of the steering wheel, so use the squeegee to tuck it under.
- Finally, apply the logo by simply lining it up using the carrier film, and once you're happy, apply pressure with your fingers and gently peel away the carrier film.
- Now admire your handiwork and send us pictures. Tag us in your Instagram @teslaccessories !