Hot on the heels of our top-selling 1st Gen Performance Emblems, we're excited to announce our 2nd Generation Performance Emblems! The Chrome version is available now, the matte black version is expected by June 20, and Satin Red by June 28. To be notified as soon as they're in stock, click your color choice, and use the Notify option that appears. Alternatively, our Gen 1 Emblems are on sale!
Sharing the same dimensions as the first generation (and inspired by Franz's (alleged) Performance Model 3 and the new Roadster), we've dramatically simplified the installation process, ensuring that anyone can install one of these emblems, perfectly aligned!
Available in chrome, satin red or matte-black , we've aimed to make something that's incredibly easy to install, and that, as always, looks like it came from the factory.
Key features of our decal:
- Unique application template to ensure a perfect installation, every time
- 'Easy tabs' to make removing the red protection film frustration-free!
- Made of double-plates ABS (the same material and quality of most car emblems)
- Complete factory look - this is not your average vinyl decal
Please note, if you have a fresh ceramic coating (or any of the 'non stick nano coatings) on your car, then our decal will not stick very well to it. It will be fine if the nano-coating is a few months old, but during the first few months, it's very slippery, and nothing will stick very effectively to it. If you intend to apply PPF (Paint Protection Film) to your car, then this emblem should be applied first.
To apply it, we recommend removing the Tesla "T" logo first. Although it'll fit underneath it, we feel the look is a bit too 'busy', but many customers are very happy with the look, so feel free to experiment!
We do recommend the following tools:
- A heat gun or hair-dryer (to soften the adhesive on the "T" logo)
- Fishing line to help remove the "T" logo (dental floss really isn't enough for this)
- Goo Gone, or something similar, to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- A plastic razor blade or other soft scraper to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- Alcohol wipe to clean the area in preparation for the T E S L A logo (included)
- Some quick wax, or other wax, to re-seal the paint once the application is completed
Not everyone has all of the stuff above, so we've created a little kit that contains:
- 2oz of RapidTac Rapid Remover
- 2oz Griot's Speed Shine
- Plastic razor blade and holder
- 2 yards of 20lb fishing line
Just select the option you'd like, with or without the kit. We're big fans of the Speed Shine, it's got loads of uses when cleaning & shining your car, and the Rapid Remover has many uses around the house as well.
We'd love to see pictures of your installed emblem, please @mention us on Instagram at @teslaccessories