Sharing the same dimensions as the first generation (and inspired by Franz's (alleged) Performance Model 3 and the new Roadster), we designed the Gen 2 from ABS plastic instead of the flexible PVC plastic of the Gen 1 and we've dramatically simplified the installation process, ensuring that anyone can install, perfectly aligned!
Available in multiple finishes, this easy-to-install emblem looks like it came out of the factory.
Key features of our Gen 2 Performance emblem:
- Unique application template to ensure a perfect installation, every time
- 'Easy tabs' to make removing the red 3M protection film frustration-free!
- Made of double-plates ABS (the same material and quality of most car emblems)
- Complete factory look - this is not a flat vinyl emblem
Please note, if you have a fresh ceramic coating (or any of the 'non stick nano coatings) on your car, then our decal will not stick very well to it. It will be fine if the nano-coating is a few months old, but during the first few months, it's very slippery, and nothing will stick very effectively to it. If you intend to apply PPF (Paint Protection Film) to your car, then this emblem should be applied first.
To apply, we recommend removing the Tesla "T" logo first. Although it will fit underneath it, and we've seen lots of people do this. The "T" logo also provides the perfect center point, so mark its location before removing to help position our emblem. We've made two videos:
We do recommend the following tools:
- A heat gun or hair-dryer (to soften the adhesive on the "T" logo)
- Fishing line to help remove the "T" logo (dental floss really isn't enough for this)
- Goo Gone, or something similar, to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- A plastic razor blade or other soft scraper to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- Alcohol wipe to clean the area in preparation for the T E S L A logo (included)
- Some quick wax, or other wax, to re-seal the paint once the application is completed
Not everyone has all of the stuff above, so we've created a little kit that contains:
- 2oz of RapidTac Rapid Remover
- 2oz Griot's Speed Shine
- Plastic razor blade and holder
- 20lb fishing line
Just select the option you'd like, with or without the kit. We're big fans of the Speed Shine, it's got loads of uses when cleaning & shining your car, and the Rapid Remover has many uses around the house as well.
We'd love to see pictures of your installed emblem, please @ us on Instagram at @teslaccessories