**May 15 - The chrome version is shipping now, the matte version is delayed, and should ship before the end of May**
Remember the sneak peak of Franz's (alleged) Performance Model 3? Well, we loved the look of the rear TESLA decal, so we made our own!
Available in either a chrome or matte-black finish, we've aimed to make something that's incredibly easy to install, and that, as always, looks like it came from the factory.
Key features of our decal:
- Pre-spaced letters for very easy application. Just remove the backing paper, and use the clear carrier sheet to line up and apply the letters
- Made of flexible PVC, so the letter conform to the curve of the trunk
- Guaranteed for 2 years
- Factory look - this is not your average flat vinyl decal
To apply it, we recommend removing the Tesla "T" logo first. Although it'll fit underneath it, we feel the look is a bit too 'busy'. The "T" does provide the perfect center-point marker though, so mark it's location before removing to help position our emblem. We've made two videos:
We do recommend the following tools:
- A heat gun or hair-dryer (to soften the adhesive on the "T" logo)
- Fishing line to help remove the "T" logo (dental floss really isn't enough for this)
- Goo Gone, or something similar, to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- A plastic razor blade or other soft scraper to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- Alcohol wipe to clean the area in preparation for the T E S L A logo
- Some quick wax, or other wax, to re-seal the paint once the application is completed
Not everyone has all of the stuff above, so we've created a little kit that contains:
- 4oz of RapidTac Rapid Remover
- 4oz Griot's Speed Shine
- Plastic razor blade and holder
- 2 yards of 20lb fishing line
- Alcohol wipe
Just select the option you'd like, with or without the kit. We're big fans of the Speed Shine, it's got loads of uses when cleaning & shining your car, and the Rapid Remover has many uses around the house as well. The kit can only ship to US addresses, so please don't select the option if you're outside of the US.