##27 Oct, the chrome version is out of stock, more coming during the second week of November##
Remember the sneak peak of Franz's (alleged) Performance Model 3? Well, we loved the look of the rear TESLA decal, so we made our own!
Available in either a chrome or matte-black finish, we've aimed to make something that's incredibly easy to install, and that, as always, looks like it came from the factory.
As a new option, if you just want the "≡", maybe for your center console to act as a 'push' location for the phone flap, we now have that! The "≡" is 21mm high x 24.2mm wide.
Key features of our decal:
- Pre-spaced letters for very easy application. Just remove the backing paper, and use the clear carrier sheet to line up and apply the letters
- Made of flexible PVC, so the letter conform to the curve of the trunk
- Guaranteed for 2 years
- Factory look - this is not your average flat vinyl decal
Please note, if you have a fresh ceramic coating (or any of the 'non stick nano coatings) on your car, then our decal will not stick very well to it. It will be fine if the coating is a few months old, but during the first few months, it's very slippery, and noting will stick very effectively to it.
To apply it, we recommend removing the Tesla "T" logo first. Although it'll fit underneath it, we feel the look is a bit too 'busy'. The "T" does provide the perfect center-point marker though, so mark it's location before removing to help position our emblem. We've made two videos:
We do recommend the following tools:
- A heat gun or hair-dryer (to soften the adhesive on the "T" logo)
- Fishing line to help remove the "T" logo (dental floss really isn't enough for this)
- Goo Gone, or something similar, to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- A plastic razor blade or other soft scraper to help remove the remnants of the adhesive
- Alcohol wipe to clean the area in preparation for the T E S L A logo
- Some quick wax, or other wax, to re-seal the paint once the application is completed
Not everyone has all of the stuff above, so we've created a little kit that contains:
- 2oz of RapidTac Rapid Remover
- 2oz Griot's Speed Shine
- Plastic razor blade and holder
- 2 yards of 20lb fishing line
- Alcohol wipe
Just select the option you'd like, with or without the kit. We're big fans of the Speed Shine, it's got loads of uses when cleaning & shining your car, and the Rapid Remover has many uses around the house as well.
We'd love to see pictures of your installed emblem, please @mention us on Instagram at @teslaccessories